Villages in Partnership’s annual Water Walk is designed to raise awareness and funds for access to safe water for our brothers and sisters in Malawi, Africa. 100% of all funds raised through the Water Walk go directly to the villages for life-changing, sustainable development projects that help alleviate daily challenges of survival. Last year, the circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic led to having a virtual live-streamed event instead of the traditional walk, and a similar event is planned for this year. The Livestream will be on Saturday, May 22nd from 7-8:30 PM, and it can be watched on Facebook or YouTube. The virtual event will feature a message from our own Reverend Tory Pruner, updates from Malawi, stories of individuals whose lives have been changed, inspiring music, and more!
Please join or support our Team Harmony!
Since the event is virtual, what does it mean to be a team member?
- Join the team and make a personal fundraising page using the link above
- Reach out to your network of friends and family to raise funds – our goal is to raise $2000 as a team!
- Sunday, April 25th – meet at the church after worship for a TEAM HARMONY photo – wear a Water Walk t-shirt from a previous year if you have one, or your Cornerstone t-shirt.
- May 1st: deadline to order Water Walk 2021 t-shirt if you want one: https://www.customink.com/g/que0-00cd-qhkt . Elizabeth will place a group order to reduce shipping charges, so if you want us to order for you, please email her your order by Friday, April 30th.
- May 8 – 22nd: participate in the Water “Walk Where You Are” challenge (if you want to). Walk with Team Harmony after worship on May 16th.
- Saturday, May 22nd from 7PM – 8:30 PM: attend the Water Walk Livestream event. Our plan is to have a fellowship meal together outside at the church at 6 PM and watch the livestream together in the sanctuary!
* Optional Water Walk Challenge – May 8th is the kickoff to the “walking challenge,” with the purpose of walking in solidarity with our friends in Malawi who regularly have to walk great distances for their water. From this date until May 22nd each team member (who chooses to participate) will keep track of miles walked, and the team with the most total miles will be recognized during the livestream as WALKING WARRIORS! Miles are logged on your personal fundraising page. We will walk together as a team on Sunday, May 16th after worship at Johnson Park – join us for fellowship even if you aren’t doing the walking challenge!
Thank you in advance for your support of this event! We hope that all can experience the joy of coming together with a common purpose of improving lives in Malawi.