This group meets on Tuesday mornings from 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM at the home of Elizabeth Hughes.
All women are welcome! Please contact Elizabeth if you would like more information.
A new study began on March 20th: an 8-week book study of “Really Bad Girls of the Bible” by Liz Curtis Higgs. It’s never too late to join – please speak to Elizabeth Hughes for more information. All are welcome!
- March 20: Chapter 1, “Dead Man Talking Medium of En Dor”
- March 27: Chapter 2, “Lethal Weapon Jael”
- April 3: NO MEETING, SPRING BREAK
- April 10: Chapter 3, “Peculiar Grace the Adulteress”
- April 17: Chapter 4, “Blood Will Tell Athaliah”
- April 24: Chapter 5, “Bathing Beauty Bathsheba”
- May 1: Chapter 6, “Just Desserts Herodias”
- May 8: Chapter 7, “Veiled Threat Tamar the Widow”
- May 15: Chapter 8, “Tears of a Clown, The Bleeding Woman”
Discover the Truth About God’s Sovereignty from the Bible’s Really Bad Girls.
Eight of the Bible’s most notorious females strut across the pages of Really Bad Girls of the Bible with troubles that still hit home in the twenty-first century.
The Medium of En Dor crossed over to the dark side. Jael stood up to a ruthless enemy. The Adulteress was caught between a rock and a hard place. Athaliah made a bid for power that ended badly. Bathsheba captured the wandering eye of a king. Herodias made a cruel request of her husband. Tamar exchanged her widow’s weeds for a harlot’s garb. And the Bleeding Woman had a serious health issue only a great physician could handle.
“Higgs does such a remarkable job telling their stories that many of the Good Book’s ‘bad girls’ become downright sympathetic.… Higgs is a refreshingly astute biblical commentator…(and) ably points readers to ‘good girl’ tips they can apply from the Bible’s cautionary tales.”
Really Bad Girls of the Bible shines a spotlight on God’s sovereignty, demonstrating one life-changing truth: God rules the lives of those He loves with mercy, compassion, and hope.